These tiny treats are easy to make and naturally gluten-free. Be prepared for friends to ask you to make them for every party!
What You Need:
12 Medjool dates
36 salted roasted almonds
3/4 c. bittersweet chocolate chips
2 tsp finely grated orange peel
1 tsp honey
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground allspice
What You Do:
- Toss 24 almonds with orange peel, honey, and spices in a small bowl.
- Remove pits and insert two spice-coated almonds inside each date. Set aside.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Melt chocolate in microwave-safe bowl until stirrable. Dip each date into melted chocolate and shake excess. Place on paper. Repeat until done. Sprinkle remaining orange peel over chocolate-dipped dates.
- Dip plain almond halfway into chocolate and place atop each date. Chill until chocolate sets, about 30 minutes.