Boring cereal and milk, forget it! Give me a frying pan, a few ingredients so I can have a full belly and be ready to take on the day. I’m all about an easy to make and filling egg breakfast, especially when it includes Rudi’s yummy new gluten-free tortillas, salsa and sour cream!
What You Need:
2 Rudi’s gluten-free Fiesta tortillas
2 jumbo eggs
2 tablespoons of milk
1/2 cup water
1 cup mixed vegetables*
1/4 cup shredded cheese, your favorite
1/4 cup salsa, your favorite
1/4 cup sour cream or plain yogurt
Black pepper, to taste
Garlic powder, to taste
*I used a frozen blend of broccoli, white beans, dark red kidney beans, garbanzo beans, carrots, Italian green beans and red peppers.
What You Do:
- Spray a frying pan with non-stick spray and add vegetables, water and a dash of garlic powder. Cover and steam on high heat.
- Scramble eggs and milk in a separate bowl before adding shredded cheese. Mix some more.
- Dampen two paper towels and place tortillas between them on a plate. Microwave for 45 seconds.
- Uncover vegetables and let water evaporate. Browned veggies are okay!
- Turn heat to medium-low and add egg mixture. You want a moist and fluffy scramble so be attentive as you stir your ingredients around in the pan. It should only take a few minutes to do this.
- Divide the scramble into two portions and place atop two tortillas. Add fresh salsa and a dollop of sour cream or plain yogurt. Share with a friend!
Now, listen up! Rudi’s sent me samples of their awesome new gluten-free tortillas. I liked them so I decided to create a recipe around them. I was not compensated for anything and am writing this because it’s a great product that I enjoy.